
A few blogs ago (back in February) I indicated that I was trying to figure out what to do with my life now that we've returned from our Senior Couple's Mission in Australia.

While I was lamenting that Michael was busy, content, and happy working in the yard which left me nothing to do-

I really struggled to find meaning and purpose in my daily schedule.
Then my days soon filled up with doing things for or with my children and grandchildren.
Picture Azia & Thai
Picture - Tate

There were programs to attend at school, car pools, and lessons to help out when needed,

family gatherings.

and birthday parties.

There were regular weekend trips to St. George to visit my parents.

They want to give some of their "things" to their children and grandchildren

in anticipation that they will eventually move to a smaller place (hopefully closer to us),

so I've been helping to organize that with my siblings.
One project that Michael thought worthy of my time was to organize our family photos, so he hauled up from the basement storage room 9 large tubs of papers and pictures for me to sort out.

Linda & Michael with Stephen's children 2006.
Old and new pictures were organized into family groups.
Grandma Tate Robinson holding David.
Grandma & Grandpa Call with our children in 1975

We had them spread all over the living room until I moved them into my office. Our thought was to scan the major pictures and share them with our family.
Jen and Michael and family living in Korea.

While I was at my parents I thought we should do the same with all of the family pictures of children, grandchildren, ancestors, etc. that they have scattered around the house.

So I started collecting them and will scan them too. Picture of my brothers & sisters when I was a teenager.

In Family History the people become real with stories and pictures. Like this picture of my Grandma Call when she was 16 years old.

Along with our individual projects we will begin working once a week starting in May at the Church Family History Center in Salt Lake

and in the next month or two we'll also work once a week at the Bountiful Temple. It will be great serving again as a Senior Couple.

It seems like family and service are what count the most in the passing of time

and we are glad that through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we have many opportunities to strengthen our eternal family and to serve one another.
+of+Michael+%26+Linda+Family+2003.jpg)
My FAMILY are my life and my joy!
Wow those are some great aspirations! Scanning pictures to make them digital to share on-line is a great idea. And we know you definitely know how to use a scanner! What a handsome family Linda.
ReplyDeleteThanks Diana it was great seeing you and your mother in California in Feb.
ReplyDelete