
Tate has entertained us with a piano recital and an awesome musical spectacular

with his Spectrum Program's annual drama presentation. He was a genie.

Along with St. Patrick's Day, we've had 2 March Birthdays

******************************* and an early April birthday to celebrate.

Two of our April Birthdays live out of State so we wished them a Happy Birthday via email and snail mail.
***********************************
We had a lovely Spring Break this year, the first week of April, in St. George, Utah

with Carolyn and David, Natalie & Jeremy and their family and Christine's girls

It was sunny and warm.

There was boating, fishing,

soaking in the sun, visiting, and of course for the kids,

playing in the sand at Sand Hallow Reservoir near St. George.

******************************
We bought a State Park Pass and explored Snow Canyon,

a canyon carved from the red and white Navajo sandstone in the Red Mountains. Contrary to its name, there is no snow. I thought it was named for the white mountains that are such a contrast to the red mountains of the area but I found out it was named after Lorenzo and Erastus Snow, early Utah leaders.

Hiking the red cliffs looked so much fun and easy for the young.

Who's kids are bouncing from hill to hill at the top of the world? Why our grandkids of course.

Grandpa poses with his grandson as they climb up the redrock hills.
Like the young I thought I could jump from hill to hill

But I managed to slip, slide, and tumble down one of the redrock hills.

The Lord was looking out for me and angels must have been protecting me as I only got bruises and scrapes and no broken bones. I ended up head down in a prickly bush.

Unfortunately, my favorite Australian sweatshirt got badly ripped in the process.

We took a picture of the sweatshirt when we got home. (See picture at the end).

We walked the bike path and the kids enjoyed different redcliff hills to climb.

The views were spectacular. The white and red rock hills are so impressive as they swirl around like something made in the kitchen.

The eroded sandstone hills are dotted with large black lava rocks.

It's always fun to be with family out exploring this beautiful world that God created.
*************************************
Yes, it has been snowing since we got home.
One of the things I admire most about you is your always positive outlook and your zest for life. I'm so thankful to be in your family.
ReplyDeleteI love hiking the red rocks in st George. Family adventures like that are the best.
ReplyDelete