
As we celebrate the freedom of our Nation we pay tribute to our forefathers who fought for liberty in the battles of the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the Spanish American War, the Great Wars of World War I & II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and the wars in the middle East including Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan and other conflicts past and current to preserve the freedom to choose. Not freedom to take away an other's freedom by our choices but a liberty where all can be free do choose right over wrong.
Artist: Lee Greenwood beautifully penned the sentiments of freedom and the love we hold dear to our hearts in being Americans in his song "Proud To Be An American"
If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.
That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

May we feel pride in our hearts every time we see the flag for it represents that freedom of liberty. May we be proud to be Americans - not proud that we are better than others but proud in the glory of God, in our religious faith, in our willingness to stand up and fight for what is right.
May we pass on from generation to generation the priceless gift of freedom that so many have given their all for us. May we remember that it is God that gave us this country if we will but obey His commandments. God Bless America.

(our youngest grandchild, Heliana, with her great grandma (my mother).
We also celebrate and honor, this month, those who gave up everything for the right and privilege of religious freedom. They left the comforts of home to travel thousands of miles to a new place, a new land where they might worship God according to the dictates of their hearts. Some of these pioneers, like Linda's came across the plains in the mid-1800's and/or traveled across the oceans deep from England and Scotland.

Others like Michael's parents and grandparents came in the early 1900's, the first in their family to leave the homeland of Australia for religious freedom. Today there are many pioneers who leave the traditions of their families and homes to embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ and to become one of God's saints in these latter days. To all we say thank-you for the heritage and legacy you bring with you and you leave behind.

The next "older blog" is "A Reflection of my Scottish Pioneer Ancestors" - the story of my 4th great grandmother, Janette Carruth Young and her trek from Scotland to the Utah Terriotry.

In a couple of months we'll have the privilege of crossing this great country and the same Atlantic ocean that they crossed but our ship and wagon will be a jet plane

and will take less than a day instead of the 7 months it took them.
We will leave the country we love to live for a time in the countries they so loved, all for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We appreciate our pioneer heritage and their choice of religious freedom and truth.
I sometimes envy the pioneers to have a dedicated physical cause. To seek out and build Zion. I think it is spiritually much harder to live a life of ease and plenty, than to live a life of sacrifice. However, I am so grateful for my freedom and opportunities that my ancestors helped provide me.
ReplyDelete