
Friday (Aug 5th) in the late afternoon we were picked up by Stephen in his new company car and taken to our hotel (which we had stayed in before.

We then went out to dinner with all of the family.
The boys were delighted to see us, that is all but Parker who really didn't have a clue who we were since we had only seen him once when he was 2 1/2 months old.

Stephen was delighted to show off his new home and their large yard. In fact we had an opportunity to play tag football and other games there.

The countryside is charming. And of course the boys love having their rooms upstairs. The added sun room makes a perfect family room off the kitchen.

They have a lot of work to do but are glad to have the space.


On a rainy/drizzly, Saturday morning we headed off early to attend a children's Triathlon. Carson (8 yrs. old) had signed up for the activity which involved swimming, biking, and running.


He was a good sport and beat his last year's time by a minute. Which was really impressive since the course was longer and involved uphill biking and running.

Sunday we enjoyed attending their ward. It was fast Sunday and we were sitting on the last bench and I was sitting far in the corner. But the spirit prompted me to get up, that I needed to let my grandsons know what I believed.

So, I climbed over all of the family to get out and walked up to the front. I bore my testimony of Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer and my love for him and his great love for all of us. I told them I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and that the Holy Ghost let me know it was true. And that they could also know if it was true if they would pray and obey.

I told them that no matter what no one can take my testimony away. Others might not believe what we say but I know and they can know too. It is true.
In the afternoon we were treated to Heather's famous chicken roll ups and I got the recipe!! Yum!


We spent a lovely day in Pittsburg stopping to over look the city as well as going to a fantastic children's museum.


There were rooms for the aspiring auto mechanic, electrical engineer, and most fun waterworks. They even had a Mr. Roger's neighborhood for this is where it started.


On Monday evening we got to attend Taylor's karate test.
He went from a camouflage belt to a greenbelt. He really enjoys the training, especially when he is in his combat gear.



We were impressed with the training. His teachers emphasise respect, trust, work, dependability, and self defense but not aggression.
What a wonderful trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment