Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mountain of Life



I read in Rosamunde Pilcher's book, "The Blue Bedroom & Other Stories", a profound statement on life and death. I thought I would share it.


"You know," she [Granny] said, "I've always thought that each person's life is like a mountain. And each person has to climb that mountain alone.


To begin with, you start in the valley, and it's warm and sunny, and there are lots of meadows and little streams, and buttercups and things. That's when you're a child.

And then you start to climb. Slowly, the mountain becomes a little steeper and the going isn't so easy but if you stop every now and then and look about you,
then the wonderful views are worth every bit of effort.

And the very top of the mountain, the peak, where the snow and ice glitter in the sunshine and it is all beautiful beyond belief,

why, that is the summit, the great achievement, the end of the long journey."

1 comment:

  1. Hello, to you and yours,
    When I read this I also remembered an article written in the Ensign in Jan issue, about a young man, and his conversion story. He also related climbing mountains with that of life, and the joy you receive at the end of the climb.

    I'm sorry for your Mom and Dad. They really look happy, and that's what makes moving one even harder. Hopefully you can find a place for him, that is trustworthy, and caring. I'm sure you will with prayer, and research.

    May you be blessed in all you do. Love reading about happenings with those we love.

    MarJean and Richard

    ReplyDelete